|THE NEW CITROËN OFFENSIVE|
|CITROËN C3 – THE NEW CITROËN OFFENSIVECitroën is unveiling The New Citroën C3.With its distinctive design and colourful personality, it’s brimming over with an exuberant freshness and optimism that will rock the market. Its unique morphology and original graphic features express energy and confidence. Audacious by design the interior is carefully thought out to make driver and passengers feel comfortable, to make each journey a pleasurable experience.|
With the arrival of New C3 there’s a wind of change blowing through the motoring scene. The versatile little hatchback sets a style of its own, standing out from the crowd with its perky, colourful, appealing personality.
New Citroën C3 offers a delightfully offbeat take on in-car living.
The New C3 embodies the core values of Citroën:- « OPTIMISTIC » New C3 is audacious by design, with a strikingly unique morphology whose keynote features are a high-standing, charismatic front end and generous curves, producing a powerful, energetic posture. The slick, smooth outline, graphic signature and cool colours make New C3 an undeniable trend-setter.This is an affordable mid-range model addressing a broad sector of the population with the promise of a singular car that can match individual tastes and aspirations.
For the two-tone exterior, the red roof, red foglamp surround, red wing mirrors, rear C pillar graphic and Airbumps® are appeased with the red and grey ambience along the dashboard and seat stitching. As soon as you step in, the interior feels remarkably spacious, a sensation enhanced by the upholstery and uncluttered horizontal dashboard.
– « HUMAN » New C3 exudes an unmistakable impression of well-being. The design was guided throughout by the Citroën Advanced Comfort® programme, which charts an up-to-the-minute approach to Citroën’s time- honoured supremacy in motoring comfort.The sensation of superlative comfort starts with the seats, visually as well as physically comfortable, the passenger compartment flooded in light, the ingenious stowage features, with generous space allocations. These first impressions are confirmed by the colours and materials, which draw overt inspiration from the worlds of furniture and travel, consistent with New C3’s aim to make people feel literally at home when travelling by car.
The deliberately designed cocoon effect filters out disturbances from the outside world and offers ergonomic usage with all functions accessible from the 7” screen. Equipped with 5 doors, the new C3 is practical while remaining compact with its length contained to 3,99m.
– « SMART » New C3 brings up-to-the-minutes technologies,Advanced driver assistance systems include lane departure alert and Driver Attention Alert as well as a Coffee Break Alert. The efficiency of New C3 also extends to a full range of high-efficiency PureTech petrol engines available in the option of a 1.2 PureTech 60kW naturally aspirated engine fitted with a 5-speed MT, and 1.2 PureTech 61kW Turbo engine charged and fitted with the latest generation 6 speed EAT gearbox.“With its unique body style, personalised features and connectivity, the new C3 is a bold, fresh, modern car. It illustrates the ongoing Citroën product offensive!” said Xavier Peugeot, Citroën Brand Product Director
01 «OPTIMISTIC» : AUDACIOUS BY DESIGN 1. Distinctively offbeatThere’s nothing like The New C3 on the road today, in terms of audacious design and charisma. Its offbeat attitude bristles with freshness end energy, backed by rugged strength. It shuns the usual stereotypes of its segment to prefer a highly individual and instantly recognizable outline of its own, lending a distinctively dynamic slant to the curves that endeared its predecessor to such a wide audience.In volumes and proportions it takes on a unique morphology, in true Citroën style.
The high-standing front end is strong and compelling, giving a powerful impression of robustness with a horizontally balanced outline right through from the waist. The resulting vehicle posture looks natural and steady. The fluid curves and muscular flanks lend vigour and power.The pure, wholesome, unaggressive appearance is highlighted by potent graphic features.
New C3 is different. It’s energetic and modern, yet calm and reassuring.With Citroën’s characteristic two-tier front light signature, the car seems to look upward, enhancing the impression of bonnet height. The double chrome bar underlining the chevrons run right through to the LED daytime running lamps, enhancing the impression of width. The round headlamps express a strong technological content.The protective bumper below is in the body colour, again to enhance the sense of height and lend a go-anywhere spirit.
The foglamps feature colour surrounds for a touch of sparkle. (Available on Shine model).Looking at the side, the first detail you notice is the floating roof held by the black windscreen pillars, and the taut roof curves accentuating the dynamic outline.The car’s protective function shows through clearly in the balanced proportion between body panels and glazed surfaces.
The horizontal belt line continues the deliberately high bonnet line, producing a steady, stable, reassuring posture.Body surfaces are fluid and unaggressive, extending down over the wheels, which have a large diameter for any car in this segment (640 mm), another strong character feature.
The large wheels also contribute to vehicle comfort, making for a high flank (even with 17” wheels on the Shine model) and filling the arches, all lending towards a crossover appearance.At the rear, the generously sized, muscular wings give the car a dynamic appearance, an impression accentuated by the very short overhangs.
The Airbump® panels (air-filled bumps with a scratch-proof surface as seen on Cactus) and available on the Shine model are a Citroën signature feature, giving personality and style, as well as protecting the vehicle. The aliphatic thermoplastic polyurethane material used in the Airbump® panels gives excellent resistance to everyday aggression, from sunlight, water, ageing, scratches, etc.Each comprises six air-filled bumps at the door bottom, an especially vulnerable area of the car in an urban environment.
The Airbump® panels have a red graphic, to compliment the red roof and red mirrors.The rear of the vehicle emphasizes width, with smooth surfaces providing an ideal backdrop for the 3D rear lamps, which lend a unique, high-tech identity to New C3. The lower protection affords good everyday protection. The C3 badge is different to that sported by the previous model: the figure 3 appears in black with a chrome surround, recalling the gloss black chevrons with chrome surround used by Citroën models since C4 Cactus.In tune with its times, all-round attention has been given to aerodynamics on C3. The roof is 4 cm lower than on the previous model. And all surfaces are optimized allowing a clean a controlled airflow.
2. Spacious interior designed as a living areaThe New C3 interior is designed to feel like an extension to the driver’s home, a place it feels good to be in. It’s welcoming, contemporary, intuitive and superbly comfortable. It’s safe and peaceful.
The Citroën designers drew inspiration from non-automotive worlds (architecture, furniture, decoration, etc.) to define its volumes and materials. It’s also an incitement to escapade, expressed through detailed features such as the trunk straps on the doors, another little offbeat signature of the Citroën range.The basic interior design principles taken up in New C3 are uncluttered space, consistency, full and soft shapes. The perception of space is immediately suggested by a horizontal layout, and especially by the horizontal dashboard, which runs right across the whole vehicles width.
The uncluttered, monolithic dashboard immediately clarifies the simplicity-oriented design approach to the passenger compartment as a whole. Technological content is prominent, in the form of the 7” touchscreen that appears suspended in the centre.
A red-ring which surrounds the air vents at either side of the dashboard again enhance the impression of width.The dashboard design features a broad crosswise trim that lends a sense of both width and character.
The seats, key items in on-board wellbeing, have a unique design, wide and generous. Again, we see the pervasive emphasis on width, a crosswise prominence amplifying the impression of space and expressing the virtues of comfort. The impression of comfort is further stated in the choice of bright, warm materials having a deliberately non-automotive look and feel. There is a very strong sense of overall stylistic coherence throughout. 3. Extensive customization capability, unique for a mid-range modelFreedom of expression, to create a car matched to the driver’s personality, starts with the two-tone vehicle a red roof and a choice of three body colours (Polar White, Sand and Platinum Grey) contributing to the fresh, modern stance taken by New C3.Colour choice goes beyond the body alone, with various features taking on the roof colour to produce both character and good overall consistency.
The red roof colour is found in the foglamp trims at the front, the Airbump® surrounds at the side, the wing mirror shells and the rear C pillar graphic.Interior customization is expressed in upholstery material, matched to the dashboard trim, and various colour and harmony features.
There’s something for everybody.o The Urban Red mood combines dark and bright colours to produce a dynamic feel. The lined dashboard trim features red over-stitching and has a red surround over the whole width.
02 «HUMAN» : ON-BOARD WELLBEINGDesign of New C3 was driven throughout by the Citroën Advanced Comfort® programme – global, contemporary, coherent comfort. This innovative programme seeks to offer driver and passengers the unique experience of feeling genuinely at home in their cars.
1. An overriding design emphasis on driver and passenger wellbeingThe sensation of wellbeing starts with the comfortable seats, the large stowage features, and the generous space allocations. These first impressions are confirmed by the colours and materials, which draw overt inspiration from the worlds of furniture and travel.
The emphasis on wellbeing pervades the interior mood, produced by meticulous attention to colours, volumes, materials and light. Shapes are full and soft, there is no clutter, and there’s a strong width-wise design orientation to enhance the impression of space. Overall harmony is also expressed in the stylistic coherence between doors, seats and dashboard, with the same soft, bright textile affording visual continuity and sense of quality.
The harmonious interior is eminently cheerful and optimistic. It’s practical yet offbeat. It’s everything but dull. New C3 innovates by inviting driver and passengers to feel genuinely at home.The interior is spacious, the most spacious in this vehicle category.
The visual impression of width, in the dashboard and seat design, is confirmed by the actual shoulder width of 1379 mm (2 cm more than on the previous model). And legroom for rear-seat passengers is top-level too. The line of the front seats and the shape of the seat back uppers gives optimum visibility, bringing the rear-seat passengers nearer the front for a friendlier in-car atmosphere, bright and homely.Great attention was given to the New C3 seats, which appear sculpted in a modern style to suggest generous width and comfort. Seat bottom and back dimensions give an immediate impression of space.
The line of the seats is engaging, inspired by furniture design to suggest relaxation and extend an invitation to pleasurable travel.The seats use quality exterior materials and supple interior foams to give excellent lumbar support and approach comfort. So comfort involves a two-stage process: soft and welcoming when the passenger takes the seat but firm and reassuring thereafter. The supple seat foams have another purpose, namely to filter out the untoward effect of irregular road surfaces. This is another important factor contributing to the overall sense of in-car comfort.Particularly agile thanks to its 10.7m turning diameter of radius, the new C3 measures 3,99m and offers compactness in town. It has 5 doors and 5 places making it practical in all circumstances.
2. Advanced ergonomics for a smooth driving experienceFor true homely comfort, the car also has to offer a hassle-free user experience, with fluid, intuitive access to vehicle functions. Under the Citroën Advanced Comfort® programme, New Citroën C3 was designed with ergonomics uppermost in mind, as seen in the numerous ingenious stowage features, the clearly staged presentation of driver information, and a wealth of intuitive technologies for making life easier.New C3 promises great everyday practicality. Designers paid special attention to stowage facilities, designed for optimum functionality without compromising interior harmony. There’s an ingenious central cubby, designed to keep maximum free space at the front of the vehicle.The front doors have capacious and ingenious cubbies, in a light colour to contrast with what’s in them, making things easier to find. And the New C3 boot volume approaches 300 litres, which cuts down on the often-difficult task of deciding what to take and what not to take.A smooth driving experience also calls for an intuitive, interactive and responsive interface, which New C3 offers through its 7” touchscreen tablet, acting as the vehicle control centre. This provides modern, intuitive access to all vehicle functions, and makes for a superbly uncluttered dashboard. The tablet uses capacitive screen technology, for optimum response. And the groove at the bottom acts as a handrest, for optimally comfortable usability.
03 «SMART» : UP-TO-THE-MINUTE TECHNOLOGIES 3. A wealth of useful technologiesThe PSA Group A platform was optimized for this new model, bringing an excellent footprint/space ratio, an appealing morphology, and superb comfort and efficiency. For comfort, an advanced suspension system was used, based on a proven axle system architecture (pseudo Macpherson with deformable strut). This effectively filters out road surface irregularities, letting the body “breathe” through minor vertical motion, a typically Citroën suspension signature.Soundproofing is as good as it gets, as is safety, with features such as the new “H” crossbar under the seats, for the best possible structural integrity of the seat during an impact.New C3 comes with a choice of latest-generation highly efficient and fuel-economical PureTech petrol engine.
There’s a choice of two PureTech three-cylinder petrol enginesOne with a 1.2 PureTech 60kW naturally aspirated engine with a 5 speed manual transmissionFor the ultimate in driveability and comfort, New C3 offers a 1.2 PureTech Turbo Charged 81kW with a 6 speed auto transmission.
New C3 comes with a vast array of useful assistance, safety and comfort technologies making life on board easier and enhancing the driving experience:Technologies for assistance:Mirror Screen technology duplicates the driver’s smartphone screen directly on the vehicle’s central screen.
The driver can access to his multimedia content and monitor directly his smartphone from the digital screen. Available with Apple CarPlayTM, Android Auto and MirrorLink®.Hill-Start Assist helps with pullaway from standstill on gradients steeper than 3%, preventing unwanted vehicle motion down the slope when the brake pedal is released by stabilizing the car for two seconds.
Technologies for safety:Lane Departure Warning System helps guard against driver drowsiness and momentary inattention, at speeds from 65 km/h. If the car crosses a lane marker line without the indicator having been activated, the system issues a visual and audible warning.Driver Attention Alert warns the driver when it’s time to take a break, i.e. after two hours’ uninterrupted driving at speeds above 70 km/h, then every hour thereafter. processing service. The message includes vehicle identification, driver phone number and precise geographical location details.
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS:Length: 3.99 mWidth: 1.75 mHeight: 1.47 mWheelbase: 2.54 mBoot volume: 300 litresCITROËN SERENITY
1. 5 – Year / 100 000 km: Warranty & Service plan across the range
2. Peace of Mind:Courtesy Car, Citroën Parts Basket, Complimentary Vehicle health check. Microdot – Quick and easy Identification in the event of theft
3. Safety: Microdot, dedicated Apps connected to the car and Safety Film and Tracking solutions (optional)
4. 360º ServiceA Customer experience with a 24-Hour Customer CareCentre, Licence Renewal reminder; Roadside Assistance, Service plan and warranty expiry notificationCitroen vehicles can be serviced at any Peugeot Accredited Dealership nationwide.