The new Street Bob Special Edition is a rare beast: a pure bobber, pushed further. Inspired by Harley-Davidson’s Factory Customization programme, this strictly limited edition motorcycle is only available in international markets, including the European, Middle East and African regions.
Restyled for 2013, the Harley-Davidson Street Bobis a stripped-down and rowdy bobber based on the Harley-Davidson Dyna platform that appeals to riders who appreciate the pure essence of motorcycling; a typically powerful American V-Twin engine at the heart of a bike with simple eye-catching styling that carries only the most essential equipment.
The new Street Bob Special Edition is upgraded with a 1690cc engine to deliver that unmistakable Harley rumble. We’ve embellished it with distinctive two-tone scallop paint and steel laced wheels with attention-grabbing red rims to deliver a bike that stands out by its looks just as much as its sound. The Street Bob Special Edition delivers that high-end bobber look and features straight out of the crate, with ABS as standard to elevate its specification to new heights.
“Our focus for the Street Bob is always on street appeal,” said Harley-Davidson® Styling Manager Tony Pink. “This bike is for the owner who would order a muscle car with the biggest motor and no radio. As part of this restyle, we cleaned off the rear fender, ditched the battery box trim, and bolted on a classic oval air cleaner cover. The goal is to create the elemental Big Twin that a customer can define as his own.”
The defining elements of the Street Bob are retained for 2013’s Special Edition – a solo seat, chopped rear fender, and mini ape-hanger handlebar give this motorcycle an unmistakable profile. New styling features include a black Twin Cam 103 powertrain with highlighted details, blacked-out front end, clean rear fender with combination stop/tail/turn lighting.
Key Street Bob Special Edition Features
- Rubber-mounted Twin Cam 103 V-Twin engine with Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI), rated at 95.9 ft. lbs. of torque
- 6-Speed Cruise Drive transmission
- Red Steel Laced wheels; 19-inch front/17-inch rear
- Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) as standard
- Scallop two-tone paint, in Big Blue Pearl/Vivid Black
- Blacked out triple clamps, powertrain, and battery box cover
- Full-length wrinkle-black cast console with integrated ignition switch
- Clean chopped rear fender with stop/turn/tail lights for a minimalist bobber look with uncovered fender supports
- Rubber isolated handlebar risers with forged top clamp for reduced vibration and simplified customization
- Stainless steel, internally-wired mini ape-hanger handlebar
- 17.8 Litre Fat Bob® fuel tank
- Solo seat
- Mid-mounted rider footpegs and controls
- Michelin Scorcher tyres: 100/90B-19 57H front, 160/70B-17 73V rear
- Chrome exhaust with dual staggered shorty mufflers.